The website is the new front window display. While foot traffic and a fancy logo are great ways to drive new business if you have a brick and mortar store, more and more businesses are opening as digitally native brands.
When you’re a digitally native brand, you need a great web development company to have a website that matches with your vision. WordPress can help you build and optimize a website from the ground up, and offers an intuitive user-interface to help even non-digitally savvy people build a great website.
WordPress.org is different than WordPress.com. WordPress.org is the web development company that allows you to build a blog or website for free from the ground up. WordPress.com is a hosting service that allows you to host your website or blog on the internet, also for free, although they have paid subscription plans for websites that require bigger data.
WordPress.org can be a free service, although this limits the number of templates that you can use and the overall complexity of the website. One of the biggest perks for small businesses using WordPress is the ability to start off small and scale the website to add as much functionality as needed in the future.
When you’re starting a small business or are just getting your website up and running, you don’t want to start off with a platform that will limit you in the future. Building a website that is worth sharing can take time, energy, and tools.
The Advantages of WordPress for Small Businesses
WordPress offers a number of advantages for small businesses.
- Websites built through WordPress are easy to update.
- The site is really simple to use. It is great for small business owners who need to grab some digital real estate but don’t want to block out their nights and weekends to learn how to code.
- Paid subscriptions allow you to expand your website as your business expands without ever moving a line of code to a different place.
- There are large numbers of WordPress developers and WordPress website development agencies.
- The open source architecture of WordPress allows you to utilize any HTML and CSS skills you might have. If you don’t have those skills yet, you can learn them while using WordPress and manipulate things on the fly.
- WordPress plugins offers functionality to add additional features to your site.
The Right Team to Build the Site
Still, having all the right tools doesn’t guarantee success. Even if you have a great vision for the brand, it takes the right kind of talent to execute that vision.
If you don’t have a background in art or graphic design, it can be tough to make the website look great. If you don’t have a background in web development, you can become overwhelmed by the different options and ideas for your site.
Using a web development company that has website design services can help turn your great ideas into a website and your small business plan into a thriving small business.